1. Hummus has history. Some refer to hummus as an “ancient” food with a history of being consumed by important historical figures in the Middle East. According to ancient scriptures, hummus was first eaten in Egypt around the 13th century.
2. You say hummus, and I say chickpea. The word “hummus” comes from the Arabic for “chickpeas”.
3. Hummus has conquered America. The hummus industry has grown from a mere $5 million in 2002 to $725 million annually in 2016 according to numbers cited by the USA Dry Pea & Lentil Council. It’s estimated that 25 percent of American homes now stock hummus in the fridge.
4. Hummus is crazy healthy. Low in saturated fat and high in fiber and protein, hummus also offers complex carbohydrates that make you feel satisfied and full. “Instead of mayonnaise or ranch dip, customers are looking for something that not only tastes good, but is healthy for them to eat,” writes Denise Hazime, author The Mediterranean Diet Cookbook (Idiot’s Guides).”more and more people are learning about the health benefits of hummus and other Mediterranean dishes.”
5. It’s an aphrodisiac?! Chocolate and strawberries aren’t the only things you need to add to your late-night shopping basket. According to an article by Saffron Alexander in The Telegraph, “Chickpeas, the main ingredient in hummus, are bursting with arginine, an amino acid that increases blood circulation and, ahem, internal lubrication. If you’re looking for ways to spice up your love life, feeding your partner a bowl of hummus might be the way to go” (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/news/world-hummus-day-eight-things-you-never-knew-about-hummus/).
The art of making hummus with MGT Liquid & Process Systems: combining traditional knowledge with state-of-the-art technology, and working with leading hummus-manufacturing companies, we have gained vast experience in the design, manufacture and fabrication of hummus production lines to optimize hummus production. We have built a wide range of hummus production lines for manufacturing, including cooking and mixing lines that employ advanced technology in this bacterium-sensitive production process.
About MGT: Here at “MGT Liquid & Process Systems” We have been in the design and manufacturing industry for 50 years providing services of custom, innovative vessels, mixing and process solutions for the food industry. We provide systems for customers worldwide with cutting edge mixing and processing technologies. We are the One Stop Shop for the optimal fit.
Want to learn more about our Hummus production capabilities?
Read more at http://www.mgt.co.il/food-mixer-gallery